Monday, December 5, 2011

La Fin du Monde!



As you may guess, this is a beer review! La Fin du Monde by Unibroue (Quebec) is the best beer I've tasted in a long time. If the end of the world comes, you very well may want to be drinking this beer. At 19 IBUs it is not overly bitter, and balances what bitterness it does offer with a nice malty character. It also has tasty citrus and cereal notes that make it very flavorful. At 9% ABV it packs a well-camouflaged punch (I guess that makes it a caress). This is a Triple-style Golden Ale that has a hint of sweetness and a very creamy texture. One thing to keep in mind: it is not an inexpensive beer. I paid $2.85 for a 12 ounce bottle. But I'll buy it again in a heart beat--in a 750 ml bottle next time! In one word: Yum!

Pairing Suggestions: It will go wonderfully with salmon, Asian-style dinners (I had it with a quinoa and broccoli stir fry), or with blue cheese.

No comments: